The shoulder is the most mobile joint in the body. But with a lot of range of motion, comes a lot of opportunities for injury, overuse, and issues. It is not surprising then that shoulder pain is one of the most common musculoskeletal issues. It’s important to know what is causing your shoulder pain so it can be managed and treated effectively.
TREATMENTS FOR SHOULDER PAIN
If acute or chronic shoulder pain is preventing you from doing the things you love, it is time to talk to a doctor. There are many safe and effective treatment options available to relieve shoulder pain.
delivery of an anesthetic drug intravenously to block the NMDA receptors to “reboot” pain receptors that are functioning abnormally in chronic pain syndromes. It is also used for depression.
Peripheral Nerve Stimulationa
is a form of neurostimulation that uses low-voltage electrical current to block or weaken pain signals by placing electrodes next to peripheral nerves in the extremities.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
use a patient’s own blood to stimulate the healing of injured muscles, tendons, joints, and ligaments.
Radiofrequency Ablation (Rhizotomy)
reduces pain by using electrical signals to prevent nerves from transmitting pain signals. This is most commonly used for the treatment of arthritis of the neck or low back, and also hip or knee pain.
EXPERT SHOULDER PAIN DOCTORS
Although common, shoulder pain should not go ignored. Aside from the pain, discomfort, and disruption to daily life, shoulder pain can also come from a more serious underlying medical condition.
The physicians of Jax Spine & Pain Centers are experts in progressive interventional pain management. We specialize in diagnosing pain and are proud to offer more treatment options than any other provider in North Florida. We are committed to getting our patients back to a life without pain.
Treatment For Your Pain. Relief For Your Life.
Jax Spine & Pain Centers is a leader in interventional pain management. We are committed to helping the residents of Northeast Florida find relief from chronic and acute pain.
- Multiple convenient locations across Northeast Florida and South Georgia
- Same day appointments available
- Maximum 15-minute wait for your appointment
- Physicians double board-certified in Anesthesiology and Interventional Pain Medicine
- Always work with the same care team
- Many procedures can be performed in-office, making them both cost-effective and convenient
- Center of Excellence for Kyphoplasty and Neurostimulation (Spinal Cord Stimulation, Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulation)
- Veteran’s Choice approved
- Pioneers in advancing the field of interventional pain management through research and clinical trials
Your path to pain relief starts with a conversation. Let’s discuss your pain and your treatment options. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
If you are an existing patient, please call 904-223-3321 for all appointment related inquiries and questions.