Josh Massey has 12 years of experience in pain prevention, diagnosis coordination, development of treatment plans, and rehabilitation within the field of Neurosurgery. He is an officer in the Florida Air National Guard.
CERTIFICATION AND AWARDS:
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistance (NCCPA) Certified
- BLS, PALS, ACLS, ATLS, ITLS, BDLS Certified
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Bachelor of Science from Mercer University, Macon, GA 1999
- Master of Medical Science from Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 2004
- Physician Assistant Degree from Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 2004
WHY I CHOSE PAIN MANAGEMENT:
“I have worked with patients with acute and chronic spinal pain conditions for many years. An integral part of taking care of my patients is conservative nonsurgical treatments that can provide relief to avoid surgical intervention. I believe that it is prudent to use interventional pain management as an alternative to surgery. Using my knowledge of spinal surgery and combining it with conservative treatments give patients a well rounded approach to their care. It is important that patients be well educated in their pathology, what treatment options are available to them and realistic outcomes and expectations for them.”
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
Mr. Massey enjoys spending his free time doing a variety of activities including, fishing, hunting, camping, and scuba diving. He enjoys traveling with his family and learning about history. He is proud to have served his country in the Florida Air National Guard 125th Fighter Wing and provide medical care to those in need.