CERTIFICATION AND APPOINTMENTS
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Family Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified (FNP-BC)
- Registered Nurse (RN), State of Florida
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Northeast Florida Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Florida Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society
- Implemented a doctoral level evidence-based research, Quality Improvement (QI), DNP Project of “Reducing Acute Care Hospital Setting Inpatient Falls with Implementation of Hourly Rounding: A Quality Improvement Project” at Ascension St. Vincent’s August 2020-June 2021.
- Doctorate in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, FL, 2021
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL, 2016
WHY I CHOSE PAIN MANAGEMENT
As a registered nurse in the acute care setting for 5 years, I cared for a variety of patients that suffered from not only acute pain but also chronic pain. I frequently saw how pain can affect a patient’s physical, emotional, and mental well-being. When I became a nurse practitioner, I knew that I wanted to help patients become pain free. I find it very rewarding to help patients find relief from their pain and to see progress in their daily lives through symptom relief. I also love the thought of new and innovative treatment plans to help patients who suffer from chronic pain, so Jax Spine and Pain is the perfect fit for me!
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Outside of work, my husband and I spend time spoiling our two black labs and supporting our favorite local dinner spots in Atlantic Beach. We are fortunate to be surrounded by family and friends that keep us entertained. As someone who was blessed with a strong professional support system, I am passionate about paying this forward and doing what I can to relay my experiences to those who aspire to take the same track.