“I established JAX Spine & Pain Centers in 1999, with the goal of creating a patient centric interventional spine center. I’m extremely proud of the high level of care we provide to our patients and the diverse experience of our pain intervention specialists. We are always expanding our services, our techniques and our technologies to ensure that our patients have the most progressive procedures and attentive care as possible.”
Dr. Roberts, MD, believes in individualized treatment plans to make the most effective, well-informed treatment decisions. He finds his job most rewarding when seeing his patients regain their quality of life and thrive in the community.
Dr. Roberts specializes in the applications of Neuromodulation, more commonly known as spinal cord stimulation, and has advanced implant therapies in the field of interventional pain management. Dr. Roberts was the first physician in North Florida to perform Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy (IDET), a minimally invasive treatment for spinal disc related chronic low back pain. He currently serves as an educational author, speaker and clinical instructor of implantation workshops for Medtronic, Inc., one of the leading manufacturers of spinal cord stimulators. Additionally, Dr. Roberts is a highly-respected expert medical witness with extensive trial expertise.
Dr. Roberts loves spending time with his wife and four children. When he isn’t treating his patients, he enjoys relaxing by the water while fishing and boating. Dr. Roberts volunteers as a Transport Pilot with Pilots N Paws, where he assists in pet rescue transportation.
CERTIFICATION AND APPOINTMENTS
- Board Certification in both Anesthesiology and in Pain Management
- Diplomat of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the United States Medical Licensure Examiners.
- Chief of Pain Management Services at Baptist Medical Center, Beaches, 2005-2006
- Served at The Institute of Pain Management and Baptist Medical Center as a consultant in pain management, 1998
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry and Biology, Whitworth College,
Spokane, WA, 1989
- Medical Degree earned with honors from University of Colorado School of
Medicine, Denver, Colorado, 1993
“When I met Dr. Roberts, I had serious issues with my back and neck, and he conducted life changing procedures. He was a true professional from the very start and has a gentle hand and spirit. Not only is he my doctor but I now consider him a friend. He knows what he is doing and everyone at JAX Spine & Pain Centers is a pleasure to deal with. I would recommend anyone in pain to take time out of your day to make your life more comfortable, it will make all the difference in the world.”
– Frank Phinizy, JAX Spine & Pain Centers Patient