Dr. Reddy is a Pain Medicine Specialist. He is a board certified Anesthesiologist who completed his Residency and Fellowship in Pain Management at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. He is committed to providing compassionate care for his patients in North Florida. Dr. Reddy is interested in the story of every patient and looking for new ways to alleviate the suffering for those who feel like they have limited options. Dr. Reddy understands that each patient’s experience with pain is different and the best approach is multi-disciplinary one including counseling, Physical Therapy, interventional procedures and medications. His specific interests include ultrasound guided procedures and advanced spine procedures.
CERTIFICATION AND APPOINTMENTS
- Board Certified in Anesthesiology
- Diplomat of the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Chapman Service and Humanity in Medicine Award, University of Florida College of Medicine – 2012
- University of Florida College of Medicine Class Community Service Award- 2012
- Caroline Annette Cody, M.D. Memorial Award – 2013
- Admissions Committee, University of Florida College School of Medicine, 2013-2014
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- The American Academy of Pain Medicine
- The American Society for Regional Anesthesia
- North Carolina Society of Anesthesiologists
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering- Washington University in St. Louis, MO, 2010
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) from the University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, 2014
- Anesthesiology Residency at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC, 2018
- Pain Medicine Fellowship at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC, 2019
WHY I CHOSE PAIN MANAGEMENT
As physicians our ability to treat not only pain but also suffering enables our patients to lead productive lives as part of society. I am interested in helping my patients become their most functional self and to engage the challenges of their daily life. I chose to pursue the field of pain management out of residency to create strong relationships with my patients and be a guide to hopefully a more functional future. I would like to look back at my career in 30 years and say that I helped make a difference in improving the lives of people in my community.
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Dr. Reddy was born and raised in Tallahassee, Florida. He went away for Residency and Fellowship but is happy to be back in North Florida. He enjoys spending time with his friends/family, cooking, cycling, hiking, and watching college football. He enjoys community service and during medical school helped to run a free Clinic in Gainesville, FL. He recently spent a month in Malawi helping to teach Anesthesiology to students and during medical school participated in mission trips to the Dominican Republic and Haiti. Dr. Reddy is interested in providing the same level of service to the Jacksonville community.