CERTIFICATION AND APPOINTMENTS
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistance (NCCPA) Certified
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Certified
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Florida Academy of Physician Assistants
- Bachelor of Science from University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2005
- Bachelor of Science from University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL, 2008
- Master of Science in Health, Health Science from University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL, 2009
- Master of Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies from Nova Southeastern University, Jacksonville, FL, 2019
WHY I CHOSE PAIN MANAGEMENT
As a clinical dietitian in the acute care setting for 7 years, I encountered a wide array of patients dealing with pain from various causes. I saw each day how this pain affected their quality of life, appetites, nutritional intake, and health outcomes. So when I became a PA, I knew that I wanted to help people dealing with chronic pain in order to improve their overall lives. Part of my passion for pain management has been educating patients on their pathologies and often incorporating in nutrition information for weight loss/maintenance to help improve outcomes. Working in pain management has been eye opening to all the non-surgical options available to provide relief and I’m excited to be a part of it.
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
I enjoy spending my free time gardening and taking care of over 100 succulents, cooking and eating delicious food, crocheting, and roller skating. I enjoy traveling with my husband and exploring different cuisines (we’re foodies). I’m still finding ways to be involved in the Jacksonville community due to being a fairly new transplant.