CERTIFICATION AND AWARDS
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, Family Nurse Practitioner
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Phi Nu Chapter
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Phi Pi Chapter
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing, St. Elizabeth College of Nursing, Utica, NY 2016
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Chamberlain University, Addison, IL, 2018
- Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, Chamberlain University, Addison, IL, 2019
WHY I CHOSE PAIN MANAGEMENT
As a registered nurse with experience in surgery, I encountered a diverse patient population with complex musculoskeletal and neurologic conditions, as well as chronic pain. As I gained experience in orthopedic and neurosurgery, I recognized the magnitude to which quality of life is controlled by chronic pain, inactivity, and associated lifestyle factors. As I have progressed in nursing, I have become passionate about disease prevention and management, along with the implementation of minimally invasive, interventional approaches to care. Working at Jax Spine presents me with the opportunity to educate patients, facilitate lifestyle modifications, collaboratively provide procedural care, implement patient-centered and evidence-based medicine, and enable transformation in the quality of life of patients.
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
In my personal time, I spend most of my time running trails, biking, watching baseball, reading, or finding a restaurant with sunny, outdoor seating and live music. My hobbies include anything travel related, especially to Upstate, NY which is “home” to me. Also, I frequently find myself volunteering with a local non-profit in their efforts to reunite children with their biological families and allocate resources for youth in foster care.