Renee’ has 11 years’ experience in multiple areas of medicine. She has spent a number of years in the specialty of neurosurgery; including experience at a level 1 trauma center in Philadelphia. She has also worked in the area of bariatric surgery and orthopedic surgery. Additionally, Renee has worked in occupational medicine – medical care for on the job injured workers. Throughout all of these medical modalities, pain has been a preeminent focus. She has continued to provide compassionate pain-management care throughout her career and is now happy to have had her career land in the realm of serving patients in the interventional pain management setting – an area of medicine she feels she truly belongs in.
CERTIFICATION AND AWARDS
· National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistance (NCCPA) Certified
· Florida Council on Physician Assistants
· National Registry for Certified Medical Examiners
· BLS for Healthcare Provider (CPR & AED)
· Blumenthal Award for Academic Excellence
· Eskin Award for exceptional effort, personal dedication, and integrity
Florida Academy of Physician Assistants
American Academy of Physician Assistants
· Master’s Degree in Science – Drexel University, Hahnemann Physician Assistant Program, Philadelphia, PA, 2007, cum laude
· A.S. in Biological Science – Montgomery County Community College, Blue Bell, PA, sum cum laude
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Renee enjoys living a healthy lifestyle that includes diet and exercise. She is also an avid outdoors kind of gal – a true tom-boy!. She likes to run, weight lift, bike ride, stand-up-paddleboard, fish, camp, and kayak. She also enjoys cooking with her partner – both can truly whip up a gourmet meal together (and without a tiff!). Renee also is a beekeeper and instrumental in moving forward pilot program for backyard chickens in Neptune Beach.