Mrs. Thompson has more 20 years of experience in Emergency Medicine and Pain Management. She specializes in ensuring that patients receive an accurate diagnosis, the most advanced pain prevention treatments and effective rehabilitation plans. Mrs. Thompson thorough care and follow up with her patients ensures they are positioned to have a successful
outcome from their treatments at Jacksonville Spine Center.
CERTIFICATION AND APPOINTMENTS
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistance (NCCPA) Certified
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation
- Jacksonville Cerebral Palsy
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Sciences from University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1991
- Bachelor of Sciences, Physician Assistant from University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1995
WHY I CHOSE PAIN MANAGEMENT
“While working in the emergency department for twelve years, I treated many patients suffering from acute and chronic pain. I then became interested in helping people relieve their pain with procedures or treatments as first line therapy, instead of temporary results from ER visits. Interventional pain management gives me the opportunity to help patients combat their
pain at the source and use medication only as adjunct therapy.”
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Mrs. Thompson was born and raised in Jacksonville and enjoys spending time with family.