Matthew is a native of New England. He has called St. Augustine home since 2005 and possesses over 20-years of experience in the medical field that includes: Plastic Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Cardiovascular Surgery, Orthopedic Spine and now Pain Management.
CERTIFICATION AND AWARDS
• National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistance (NCCPA) Certified
• BLS, PALS, ACLS, ATLS, ITLS, BDLS Certified
• American Academy of Physician Assistants
• Master of Physician Assistant Studies from University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, NE, 2003
• Physician Assistant Degree from the University of Southern California School of Medicine, 1997
WHY I CHOSE PAIN MANAGEMENT
“I believe in helping my patients sustain the most optimal level of health they can to enjoy living their lives. Being in the ‘Interventional Pain Management world’ and going the distance to offer my patients therapies as an alternative to surgery combined with conservative care is an integral part of a well-rounded approach to treatment. Educating my patients, getting to the root of the problem and setting realistic expectations for is always my goal. I enjoy going the distance and being there every step of the way for the patients I am lucky enough to see and treat.”
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Matthew is a United States Army Veteran and is an Avid Runner, Mountain Biker and Triathlete. He has done numerous marathons in Boston, Chicago and Miami.